Thursday, October 23, 2008

And the beat goes on...

Well, this is my very first entry. Although this is the first of many, the relationships that has shaped my life have come well before today. What made me start this blog you ask? For one, I needed some kind of sounding board for my thoughts, feelings, emotions, all that "chick" stuff. Unlike many women out there, I find it hard to vocalize my feelings. In this technologically sound world, I am one of those chronic texters. Who knew that a woman would prefer to spend half the day typing out her feelings to her boyfriend, rather than speaking them, then turning around and saying, "Are you listening to me?!" Haha.
Just a little synopsis up to now. I have been dating a man...an older man for almost 2 years now. Isn't that supposed to warrant a medal of some sort? Women, we all know those older men. They know what they want, and are mostly unwilling to change their minds or their habits. I thought I knew what I was in for. I had the idea in my head that "Age is just a number." Boy was I wrong. Dealing with a man much older than yourself is the most challenging thing you will ever do in your life. Us twenty-something women are all about drama, they crave serenity and peace. We have a much more active lifestyle, they love to just "Sit home and cherish the time spent with you."Ugh...If I knew it was going to be so taxing, I would probably have thought twice about what I was getting myself into...

No comments: